HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO AS A CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT:
- Oversee the construction of commercial buildings (ground up, renovation, etc.) and is responsible for project quality, safety, and on-schedule delivery.
- Partner with the Project Manager, this position is responsible for the progress of the project, as well as the scheduling of subcontractors, and the delivery of equipment and materials.
- Schedule subcontractors utilizing Microsoft Project to efficiently perform work.
- Update project schedule regularly and distribute to the project team.
- Ensure subcontractor compliance and strictly enforce jobsite safety standards in accordance with OSHA policies and protocols.
- Review plans and contract documents for inaccuracies in detail or dimensions.
- Participate in design review meetings to offer constructability feedback during design development.
- Develop strong rapport with subcontractor management and their jobsite employees.
- Plan and conduct regular jobsite meetings with subcontractors to review progress and any changes.
- Maintain project documents per Briohn standards, including but not limited to, project reports, project photos, weekly progress reports, etc.
- Utilize Procore as necessary for all project documentation and communication.
- Submit timely reports and photos for each project – a daily job log, change order work, “as built” drawings, etc.
- Communicate regularly with Project Managers and Architects to ensure a successful project.
- Perform, coordinate, and document jobsite quality inspections with 3rd party agents, project designers, and project coordinators.
HERE’S WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years of experience managing commercial construction projects (industrial is a plus).
- Proficient in reading plans and knowledge of construction terms, materials, and techniques.
- Experience using a project management or scheduling program.
- Ability to create and manage a construction schedule.
- Must be well organized, an effective communicator, a team player and self-motivated.
- Ability to handle pressure, demanding schedules, and inevitable project changes.
- Willingness to work varying shifts or irregular hours as necessary.
- Ability to use a computer or phone to submit reports and photos.
- Must be physically able to navigate an entire construction site.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Experience working for a design/build firm, highly preferred.
- Degree in Construction Management a plus.
- Knowledge of Procore, project management software preferred.