HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO AS A CIVIL ENGINEER:
- Work hand in hand with our construction and architectural team on commercial and industrial projects.
- Create preliminary site design including grading and utility plans to assess site viability on all potential projects.
- Design and draw the civil plans for most projects, while outsourcing the civil engineering on select jobs, where timing or scope require it.
- Maintain professional registration and sign/seal documents that you prepare.
- Act as the supervising Civil Engineer on projects that are designed by outside consultants.
- Lead project strategy meetings to develop design concepts, recommend design approach and outline specifications.
- Identify the basis of design for stormwater management, site utilities and erosion sediment control design approach.
- Work with plumbing subcontractors as needed to develop clear, complete, and concise stormwater, water demand and wastewater calculation reports.
- Advise and assist on civil related RFIs throughout the construction process.
- Review applicable shop drawings and submittal data for compliance with construction documents.
- Conduct construction observations to monitor compliance with design intent and prepare construction observation reports using Procore.
- Prepare project estimates and coordinate with Principal Architect to develop overall budget.
- Work with WDNR, Army Corps of Engineers, and other jurisdictional agencies.
HERE’S WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering.
- 10+ years of design experience working as a Civil Engineer.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration required.
- High proficiency in AutoCAD and Civil 3D programs.
- Experience with stormwater modeling.
- Knowledge with sustainable green infrastructure design.
- Understanding of the methodology of civil interaction with geotechnical engineering.
- Ability to work in and use Revit highly preferred.
- LEED AP designation a plus.
- Have a working relationship with the WDNR and Army Corps of Engineers.